ASDC has been leading an extensive effort, starting in January 2013, to update D.C.’s acupuncture regulations, which were put into place prior to 1987. We expect to have updated acupuncture regulations in place by 2016.
A leadership team has met multiple times with the D.C. Board of Medicine to address three major areas: (1) to remove incorrect or misleading information from the website and DOH documents. A case in point is the requirement for physician oversight which was rescinded by City Council in 2003; (2) to establish ongoing training requirements for renewing licensees though continuing education requirements; (3) appropriate grandfathering for all practitioners; (4) updated entry requirements for new licensees that are in line with national best practices and still provide some flexibility for those of diverse educational backgrounds, such as avenues to licensing through apprenticeship.
Upcoming Continuing Education
- Topical Antifungal Therapeutics with Western Herbs
- Integrative and Botanical Interventions for Inflammatory Bowel Diseases and Associated Arthritis
- COVID – 19: Acute and Long-Term Considerations in Naturopathic Patient Management
- Cannabidiol (CBD) and Mental Health
- Pre-conference intensive on Managing Pharmaceutical Side Effects and Discontinuance with Lise Alschuler, ND
- Targeting Cancer Stem Cells with Botanical Medicine
- Vaporizer Technologies for the Delivery of Botanicals
- Restoring Mitochondrial Function through Botanicals and other Naturopathic Therapies
- Effective Pain Relief with Botanical and Nutritional Medicine
- Panel Discussion: Managing Symptoms of Hormonal Disruption with Botanical Medicine
Beginning March 2021: Yao Shan Chinese Herb Program with Dr. Evan Rabinowitz, D.Ac.
120+ hours of Chinese Herbal Medicine.
Self-paced online program with interactive monthly sessions.
Study the foundations of herbal medicine with fresh insights
- Explore herbs form a naturalist perspective
- See individual herbs as teachers
- Study formulas as transmissions of knowledge
- Gain keys to clear diagnosis and practical applications
- Monthly synchronous class to support and enhance the self-paced study
Beginning March 2021-Clinical Specialties and Practitioner Development Program with Dr. Evan Rabinowitz, D.Ac.
This is a program that addresses three areas:
1. More clinical training
2. Deeper knowledge of specialty practice
3. Perspective that allows for the integration of western medical concepts into a Chinese medical paradigm without diminishing or oversimplifying the depths, complexity and explanatory power of Chinese medicine
This program was designed to meet these needs. It is a ten month opportunity for practitioners, newly graduated or established, to find the confidence required to treat difficult and complex cases.